ScreenUsed Live On-Line Movie and Television Memorabilia Auction Slated for July 21, 2012
San Jose, Calif. — ScreenUsed, co-owned by Desi DosSantos and Jeff Castillo, have announced today their company will hold it’s first on-line auction through iCollector.com. A number of rare, authentic props and costumes from the Back to the Future series will be included in this debut auction.
The two business partners founded ScreenUsed in 2003. What began as a hobby for them in the 1990s has grown into one of the leading companies providing original Film & Television production memorabilia to collectors worldwide. Their mission from the start has been to keep ScreenUsed as a small, customer friendly service that is built on reputation. They are serious about authentication when acquiring pieces for the website and this auction, as they know their future depends on it. Each production piece in this auction will include a descriptive, signed ScreenUsed COA.
“We feel there is demand in the market for a mid-tier auction offering – not the million dollars per item level, nor the warehouse blowout level,” states DosSantos. “We feel confident this is a nice compilation of items that will hopefully have something for everyone and at varying price levels. Furthermore, we want to bring the ScreenUsed brand of customer service that is unparalleled from the retail side and apply it to auctions. We feel that our business is about relationships and we believe treating people well is good business.”
There are no reserves on the auction lots; the starting price is where the auction starts.
Arnold Schwarzenegger “T-800” stage 1 leather jacket from Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Complete Will Farrell hero “Buddy” elf costume from Elf
- Arnold Schwarzenegger “T-800” stage 1 leather jacket from Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Original production-used Mattel Hoverboard from Back to the Future Parts II & III
- Rocketeer Helmet from The Rocketeer
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi “Blue Harvest” clapperboard
- Mike Myers hero “Austin Powers” costume from Austin Powers in Goldmember
- Screen-used Deadly Flying Sphere from Phantasm II
- Jewel Staite “Kaylee” costume from Serenity
- Original surface section of the Death Star from Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
- Tom Selleck “Thomas Magnum” Hawaiian shirt from Magnum P.I.
- Prop miniature HMS Titanic propeller from Titanic
- Jason Voorhees stunt machete from Freddy vs. Jason
- Screen-used Diet Pepsi from the Café ’80s in Back to the Future Part II
- Pair of screen-used police IDs from The Terminator
- Christopher Lloyd “Uncle Fester” long coat from Addams Family
- Original section of the Hollywood Sign
- And much, much more…
“ScreenUsed maintains an in-house, museum-quality, Plexiglas display case manufacturing facility that is well known for its high level of craftsmanship and display methodology. We offer this custom service to our auction customers in order to help preserve, protect, and display your new treasured piece.”, said Castillo, who personally hand-crafts each display.
For further information about the upcoming auction, please visit the ScreenUsed website at www.ScreenUsed.com.