Winter 2015 Animation Auction
Whats the holidays without a bit of animation to get you in the mood. Profiles in History is helping collectors achieve that feeling with an animation auction of original cels and art to Disneyland and Walt Disney World park ride vehicles, attraction uniforms and even props.
The 882 lot auction will also feature personal items from the estate of the late “Mouseketeer” and America’s sweetheart, Anette Funicello, of which 100% of the hammer price will benefit the Annette Funicello Research Fund For Neurological Diseases. Collectors will be pleased to see that a large collection of McDonaldland concept art, design, and even full-sized character statues are included in the auction and Profiles states it is the largest collection of “McDonaldland” memorabilia put together.
Movie prop collectors take note as there are some key props and wardrobe pieces in this auction including the re-sizing jacket worn by Micheal J Fox in Back to the Future 2.
The auction is scheduled for December 10th 2015at 11 am pst with bidding on auction site invaluable. A 245 page full color catalog can be viewed or downloaded by clicking here.
Auction Link: http://www.invaluable.com/catalog/searchLots.cfm?scp=c&catalogRef=QUMM27V6Y7
- Cement handprints and signatures of legendary animators
- Original Disney Studios “Peter Pan” Christmas presentation art
- Key ring from the dog’s mouth in the “jail scene” of the “Pirates of the Carribean” ride at Disney World
- Michael J. Fox’s “Marty McFly” futuristic resizing jacket from Back to the Future II
- Disneyland and Disney World attraction vehicles
- Vintage “Stretching Portrait” painting from The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland
- A large assortment of original hand silk-screened Disney park attraction posters
- Vintage cels from Disney’s golden age features including a “Bella Notte” setup from Lady and the Tramp
- Very rare cels from early anime innovator Akira
- Rare Disney park ephemera from the Linda Cervon collection
- Charles Schultz “Peanuts” art including a large It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown setup
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas artwork
- Only known complete set of plans for the St. Louis Disney park that never was
- Screen-worn “Thugee Guard” uniform from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- The first Ronald McDonald statue to ever appear at a McDonald’s restaurant