Good luck to Desi and Jeff at ScreenUsed Movie props and wardrobe as they have announced a move to consolidate at a new headquarters. The announcement came late Sunday evening in an email blast to newsletter subscribers of the impending move that will interrupt operations. The new headquarters will be located in the Los Angeles area of California. I have posted the email from ScreenUsed below for full details on the move and how it will impact operations.
ScreenUsed Email Jul 16 at 9:39 PM–
Consolidating Our Warehouses Into California
After being in business for 14 years in both California and Florida, we are happy to announce we are consolidating into a much larger warehouse in the Los Angeles area. What does this mean for you? What does it mean for us?
- If you live in Florida, starting August 1, 2017 there will no longer be sales tax on your orders since we will not be located there. Sorry California customers, we still have to pay sales tax.
- We will be closer to our sources in order to get more variety of items for you, our customers. Watch this space for several more auctions to come.
- Both Jeff and I, co-owners of ScreenUsed, are moving our families to the area by the new headquarters warehouse to provide better, consolidated service.
This is a MAJOR move with several full 53′ trucks going across the country, so there are some logistics:
- We have temporarily stopped our Daily Auctions. It would be impossible to run the auctions while we are packing, shipping, moving, and setting up in the new warehouse. The Daily Auctions will resume on Monday, August 7, 2017.
- Shipping will have to stop for a short period. Again, it would be impossible to ship items that are on a truck going across the country. The last day for shipping will be Thursday, July 20, 2017. We will return to regular daily shipping on Thursday, August 10, 2017.
There is more information to come, but for now the above points are what we need to cover. Thanks again for the support, as this is a major move for ScreenUsed as a company, as well as for our families.
Desi & Jeff
Co-Owners of ScreenUsed
– End Email