This past Saturday December 2nd, 2017 Prop Store held their auction of costumes and props from the Star Trek 2009 and Star Trek into Darkness movies. As a bidder and winner I can say it was a lot of fun there were some surprises and many good deals to be had. Congrats to the team at the Prop Store on a wonderful auction of Star Trek and congrats to all the winning bidders, I hope another Trek auction is being planned. I have added in full a press release sent this morning recapping this weekends auction below.
400 ARTIFACTS FROM STAR TREK (2009) & STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS (2013) SOLD AT AUCTION FOR $1,000,000!
MORE THAN 700 BIDDERS COMPETED FOR ITEMS FROM THE FILMS – INCLUDING CAPTAIN KIRK’S ENTERPRISE CAPTAIN’S COMMAND UNIFORM
Prop Store, one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies, in association with Paramount Pictures, hosted an exclusive live auction event of original props, costumes and set decoration pieces used in the making of Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.
400 lots were auctioned off on Saturday 2nd December 2017 at Prop Store’s auction facility in Valencia, Los Angeles County, USA.
The auction lots offered were all authentic pieces used in the making of the current series of Star Trek films, and have been in storage with the studio since production ended in 2012.
Some of the memorable items sold from the films included:
- Captain Kirk’s Enterprise Captain’s Command Uniform sold for $30,500 / £22,635
- Mr. Spock’s Enterprise Sciences Uniform with Starfleet Phaser, Holster Belt and Communicator $33,550 / £24,860
- Lieutenant Uhura’s Enterprise Operations Uniform $17,080 / £12,675
- SFX Electronic Starfleet Phaser $11,590 / £8,600
- Starfleet Tricorder and Holster $3,355 / £2,490
- Starfleet Communicator $2745 / £2,035
- Captain Kirk’s Starfleet Command Insignia $2,318 / £1,720
- Klingon Guard Uniform with Helmet $9,760 / £7,245
- Khan’s Kronos Costume $9,760 / £7,245
- Dr. ‘Bones’ McCoy’s Enterprise Sciences Uniform $9,760 / £7,245
- Lt. Commander Scotty’s Enterprise Operations Uniform $5,490 / £4,075
- Lieutenant Sulu’s Enterprise Command Uniform $9,260 / £6,875
- Captain Kirk’s Wetsuit $4,575 / £3,395
- Mr. Spock’s Light-Up Cold Fusion Device and Accessories $7,320 / £5,435
- Admiral Marcus’ Vengeance Uniform $5,795 / £4,300
All figures stated are the total sale prices paid by the buyer, which include the buyer’s premium
Star Trek is the 2009 reboot of the beloved science-fiction franchise that recast the main characters of the original Star Trek television series. The film was critically acclaimed and grossed over $385 million in worldwide box office; it was also the first Star Trek film to win an Academy Award, for Best Makeup. The follow-up film, Star Trek Into Darkness, grossed over $467 million worldwide and is the highest-grossing Star Trek film to date.
Brandon Alinger, Prop Store COO, commented on the auction: “Star Trek fans from around the world came together today to participate in our Star Trek Live Auction, where they bid for the chance to take home costumes and props from all their favorite characters. Everyone at Prop Store is a great fan of Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, so it’s been a privilege working with this collection and we’re delighted to see the pieces make their way to the passionate Star Trek fan base.”