The Azarian Collection Auction!
“The most important collection of classic TV and superhero artifacts in existence”
What an amazing collection John Azarian has put together over the past few decades. I have seen many of the various appearances John has made over time on television himself showcasing his passion for collecting props and costumes from the 1960’s. Most of those appearances you can find on YouTube fairly easy additionally visit the official site https://www.theazariancollection.com. With this auction it seems the time has come for the television and movie history in this collection to find new homes that will enjoy and preserve them.
Profiles in History has put together a spectacular 217 lot auction that will take place on Tuesday December 17th 2019 at 11 am pst. You can bid on the phone, in person and online. A well put together catalog exclusively featuring The Azarian Collection can be viewed in various formats online. For more information on The Azarian Collection Auction visit the Profiles in History website, see links in this post.
Some of my favorite items are from “Star Trek The Original Series” and the original screen worn “The Greatest American Hero” costume. See below a “partial” list of some very cool one of a kind screen used props and costumes in the auction.
- The only known pair of complete costumes from The Dynamic Duo, Adam West’s “Batman” and Burt Ward’s “Robin” from the original 1960s TV series, Batman.
- Adam West’s “Bruce Wayne” Shakespeare bust with hidden switch that opens the entrance to the Batcave from Batman.
- Adam West’s “Batman” hero working Batmobile Batphone from Batman.
- William Shatner’s “Captain James T. Kirk” wraparound tunic from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- William Shatner’s “Alternate Universe Cpt. James T. Kirk” tunic from Star Trek: The Original Series, episode “Mirror, Mirror”.
- Leonard Nimoy’s “Evil Spock” tunic from Star Trek: The Original Series, episode: “Mirror, Mirror”.
- The I Dream of Jeannie signature Genie bottle.
- “Jupiter 2” spaceship filming miniature from Lost in Space.
- “Space Pod” filming miniature Lost in Space.
- Henry Winkler’s “Arthur ‘Fonzie’ Fonzarelli” signature leather jacket from Happy Days.
- Jeff Conaway’s “Kenicki” signature “T-Birds” jacket from the “Greased Lightnin’” musical number in Grease
- Lynda Carter’s “Wonder Woman” signature superhero ensemble from Wonder Woman.
- Barbara Eden’s “Jeannie” signature pink harem costume from I Dream of Jeannie.
Auction Date Tuesday, December 17, 2019 – 11:00 AM PST