Prop Store 2020 Live Cinema Poster Auction Results!
PROP STORE CINEMA POSTER AUCTION WAS A HIT! 90% SELL RATE!!
Prop Store – one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies – has today announced results from its April 2020 live cinema poster online auction, with posters and artwork on offer fetching in excess of £207,000 ($254,000) a 90% sell rate.
Other notable sales included (sale prices are inclusive of buyer’s premium):
- FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE (1963) – French Four-Panel Poster, 1963 sold for £5,935 ($7,270)
- VERTIGO (1958) – Howard Kazanjian Collection: US One-Sheet Poster, 1958 sold for £4,062 ($4,970)
- STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE (1977) – Richard Edlund Collection: Special One-Sheet Style Poster, 1976 sold for £5,000 ($6,124)
- THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO (1966) – UK Quad Poster,1966 sold for £3,125 ($3,820)
- APOCALYPSE NOW (1979) – Private Commission Poster, 2015 sold for £1,125 ($1,372)
- GET CARTER (1971) – UK Quad Poster, 1971 sold for £2,500 ($3,055)
- CASABLANCA (1942) – Belgian Affiche, 1947 sold for £1,875 ($2,318)
- YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967) – Carter-Jones Collection: US Twenty-Four Sheet Poster, 1967 sold for £5,625 ($6,955)
- E.T. THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL (1982) – Richard Edlund Collection: US One-Sheet Poster, 1982 sold for £1,750 ($2,164)
- STAR WARS ORIGINAL TRILOGY (1977-83) – Mondo Poster, 2013 sold for £1,750 ($2,134) – over seven times the original estimate
Prop Store’s Cinema Poster Live Auction was held yesterday (Thursday April 23rd, 2020) and was suitable for fans with a variety of budgets, with lots selling between £50 and £7,000. The Prop Store team once again proved how agile and dexterous they can be, adapting to the current pandemic situation by producing the entire auction over a Zoom video-call.
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the auction: “We are absolutely thrilled with the outcome of our fifth Cinema Poster Live Auction. We saw a record-number of bidders from across the globe, and sold strong and over-estimate, with many of our James Bond and Star Wars posters achieving particularly great results!”
Mark Hochman, Prop Store’s poster expert, also commented on the auction: “Prop Store’s fifth poster auction certainly achieved some impressive results which just goes to show, that even in such troubling times, if you have the right content and approach it will sell, and I’m sure some of today’s purchases have put big smiles on the buyer’s faces. High quality, rare Star Wars, Sci-Fi and James Bond memorabilia will always be popular, and our results prove that.”
Source: Press Release