The 2021 Prop Store LIVE UK Auction Day One Results!
YESTERDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF PROP STORE’S THREE-DAY AUCTION, WHICH SAW OVER 400 LOTS SELL FOR AN INCREDIBLE £5.9 MILLION ($7.9 MILLION)
Prop Store – One of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies has today announced the results from the first day of the largest annual live auction of film and TV memorabilia in the UK, with items on offer fetching in excess of £5.9m ($7.9m). The auction continues today and tomorrow.
Prop Store’s unique Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction is being held across three days, Tuesday 9th – Thursday 11th November 2021, at their UK headquarters in Hertfordshire.
Hundreds of bidders from around the world took part in Prop Store’s live auction via phone and online, which achieved outstanding results over nine hours of exciting and intensive bidding. Over 400 rare and iconic lots were sold during day one of Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction.
“Prop Store are absolutely thrilled with the results from the first day of our three-day Entertainment Memorabilia auction. We’ve seen some record-breaking prices for some incredibly iconic lots, including Marty’s hoverboard from Back to the Future Part II and Buddy’s costume from Elf! The bidding has been exceptionally strong, and we can’t wait to see what the next two days of the auction bring!”
– Stephen Lane Prop Store CEO stated about day one of the auction event.
Notable sales included (sale prices are inclusive of buyer’s premium):
- Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) Autographed Lenticular Mattel Hoverboard from BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II (1989) sold for £375,000 ($506,250)
- Chuck Noland’s (Tom Hanks) Hero Screen-matched ‘Wilson’ from CAST AWAY (2000) sold for £287,500 ($388,125)
- Light-up ILM X-wing Filming Miniature from STAR WARS: EP VI – RETURN OF THE JEDI (1983) sold for £237,500 ($320,625)
- Maximus’ (Russell Crowe) Arena Helmet and Mask from GLADIATOR (2000) sold for £225,000 ($303,750)
- Anakin Skywalker’s (Hayden Christensen) Hero Lightweight Belt Lightsaber from STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH (2005) sold for £225,000 ($303,750)
- Buddy’s (Will Ferrell) Elf Costume from ELF (2003) sold for £218,750 ($295,312)
- Spider-man (Tobey Maguire) Production Made Costume from SPIDER-MAN 3 (2007) sold for £162,500 ($219,375)
- Original Screen-matched Large-scale Eagle Transporter Filming Miniature from SPACE: 1999 (TV SERIES 1975-1977) sold for £156,250 ($210,938)
- Stormtrooper Helmet from STAR WARS: EP VI – RETURN OF THE JEDI (1983) sold for £131,250 ($177,188)
- Light-up R2-M80/KR2-M80/R2-F1P Remote Control Droid from STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY (2016) AND SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) sold for £125,000 ($168,750)
- Freddy Kreuger’s (Robert Englund) Razor Finger Glove from A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS (1987) sold for £100,000 ($135,000)
- Batman’s (Val Kilmer) Sonar Batsuit Display from BATMAN FOREVER (1995) sold for £93,750 ($126,562)
- Meerschaum Pipe from NATIONAL TREASURE (2004) sold for £68,750 ($92,812)
- Full-size T-800 Endoskeleton from TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY (1991) sold for £75,000 ($101,250)
- Michael Myers’ (Brad Loree) Mask from HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION (2002) sold for £62,500 ($84,375)
- Achilles’ (Brad Pitt) Hero Sword from TROY (2004) sold for £40,625 ($54,844)
- Hogwarts Student Gryffindor House Robe from HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2 (2011) sold for £13,750 ($18,562) – A percentage of the proceeds from this item are being donated to the Starlight Children’s Foundation
- Viola de Lesseps’ (Gwyneth Paltrow) Juliet Costume from SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE (1998) sold for £12,500 ($16,875)
- “Shield” Sculpture from SCHOONY sold for £10,625 ($14,344) – All hammer price proceeds from this item are being donated to the NSPCC
- C-3PO (Removable Limbs) Palitoy “5,000,000th” Action Figure from STAR WARS: EP V – THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980) sold for £10,625 ($14,344)
- Lindy Hemming Hand-painted Costume Design for Wonder Woman’s (Gal Gadot) Schloss Party Dress from WONDER WOMAN (2017) sold for £3,750 ($5,062) – All hammer price proceeds from this item are being donated to BAFTA
Source: Press Release