ScreenUsed goes to Comic-Con! Yes it sounds like a movie title but it is the reality for the upcoming annual spring auction of TV and Movie memorabilia. This year is the inaugural Silicon Valley Comic Con taking place in San Jose at the convention center with day two of the spring auction added to the line up of events.
This is a first for ScreenUsed since getting into auctions as the second day taking place on Sunday March 20th will not only be online but LIVE from the comic-con itself. Overall collectors and fans can look forward to 550 lots spread out over the two day auction event.
Day 1, Saturday March 19th
Completion of each lot will start at 8am Pacific time, and each lot will automatically end 1 minute apart. The auction will not allow sniping at the last second, so everyone has a fair chance to bid what they feel comfortable with. If an item receives a bid within the last 3 minutes, the end time will automatically be extended another 3 minutes. Each item displays the exact time it is scheduled to end, with each lot initially ending 1 minute apart. In all there are 364 lots that will be apart of day one.
Day 2, Sunday March 20th
Completion of each lot will start at 8am Pacific time, and we will run the process manually. As each lot has its last call and once there are no more bidders, we will drop the hammer and close the lot, moving to the next lot. We will continue this way until all lots are closed. The day two LIVE and online auction will have 186 lots of memorabilia gold that will be open for the winning bid.
The auction is now open for pre-bidding and the lots can be viewed on the auction site icollector or by following the link below.
To register to bid in the live auction or to view a PDF catalog of the upcoming auction you can do so by visiting the ScreenUsed website or by following the link below.
– Alien: Resurrection – Hatching Alien Egg
– Back To The Future – Doc’s Mind Reading Helmet
– Back To The Future – Marty McFly’s “Johnny B. Goode” Jacket (Michael J. Fox)
– Back To The Future – OUTATIME License Plate
– Back To The Future 2 – Griff’s Gang hoverboards
– Click – Light-Up Remote Control (Adam Sandler)
– Elysium – Max’s HULC Suit & ChemRail Gun (Matt Damon)
– Fantastic Voyage – Surgical Laser Gun
– Jumanji – Large Prop Spider
– Magnum, P.I. (TV) – Thomas Magnum’s “DA NANG” Hat (Tom Selleck)
– Matrix Reloaded, The – Neo’s Iconic Long Coat (Keanu Reeves)
– My Favorite Martian – Uncle Martin’s Miniature Space Ship (Christopher Lloyd)
– Serenity – Mal’s Pistol (Nathan Fillion)
– Spider-Man 3 – Spiderman’s Boots (Tobey Maguire)
– Star Trek: The Original Series (TV) – Captain James T. Kirk’s Starfleet Pants (William Shatner)
– Starship Troopers – Live Firing Morita Rifle (Jake Busey)
– Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight – Ancient Demon Key & Case
Auction Preview Photo Slideshow
ScreenUsed was founded in 2003 by Desi DosSantos, a computer center automation specialist and Jeff Castillo, a quality, custom home craftsman & fabricator. What began as a hobby for the pair, blossomed into a company now world renown as an industry leader in the field of original Film & Television production memorabilia sales (props, costumes, miniatures, special make-up effects artifacts, production artwork, rare documents, etc.). With a combined 34 years in the business of brokering historic Hollywood artifacts, ScreenUsed offers a wide range of special services to its clients, including research, preservation, exhibition, and to corporate clients specialized marketing, promotion & auction services. The company’s established international network of collectors and entertainment industry sources is highly regarded by the field, museums and the media.