The Prop Store LIVE auction event returns this September for its fourth year as you would expect, spectacularly. I would compare this upcoming Prop Store event auction as the “Superbowl” or “Wrestlemania” of television and movie memorabilia collecting.
What makes me say that? Well the Prop Store has maintained a high level of quality in not just the high end items offered but also in the “everyone can afford this” selection as well. Add on top of that a wonderfully put together high quality catalog along with an easy to reach staff that is eager to answer any questions or concerns. The last thing that also makes this event auction successful, the care and speed of which the Prop Store packs and ships their items. All of these things coming together is what makes this auction truly and event to be a part of. With all that being said lets look a few of the offerings in this year’s auction.
The first two set of items shown below are from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There have been auctions featuring recent Marvel movies, it’s still vary rare to see hero items from Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor.
- Guardian of the Galaxy – Peter Quill(Chris Pratt) Hero Star-Lord Helmet.
- Thor – Thor (Chris Hemsworth) Mjölnir Hammer.
Model miniatures, there are loads of them in this auction with varying price points.
- Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi – Y-wing Model Miniature
- Back to the Future: The Ride – Miniature DeLorean model
- Aliens – Colonial Marines Drop ship Miniature
Of course no auction of this stature would be complete without some iconic movie costumes.
- Ghostbusters – Dr. Peter Venkman’s Jumpsuit (Bill Murray)
- Top Gun – Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell’s Flight Suit (Tom Cruise)
- Batman – The Joker’s Costume (Jack Nicholson)
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines – Terminator’s Costume (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
The Prop Store Live auction date is set for Tuesday September 26th 2017. Online pre-bidding will start on Friday September 1st 2017. Registration and bidding is exclusively on the website of the Prop Store, see links in this article.
Remember there many lots offered in this annual LIVE auction with varying price points. I’m sure you will see that there is something for every budget thanks to the educated and dedicated staff of The Prop Store.
Other top items to be sold (with estimated sale prices):
- Alien Creature Costume from ALIENS (1986) £20k-£30k
- Marty McFly’s Light-up 2015 Nike Shoes (Michael J. Fox) from BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II (1989) £25k-£35k
- Buddy’s Costume (Will Ferrell) from ELF (2003) £8k-£10k
- Indiana Jones’ Bullwhip (Harrison Ford) from INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (1989) £50k-£70k
- James Bond’s Royal Navy Cap (Roger Moore) from THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (1977) £5k-£7k
- Jules Winnfield’s “Bad Mother F**ker” Wallet (Samuel L. Jackson) from PULP FICTION (1993) £20k-£30k
- Jack Torrance’s Jacket (Jack Nicholson) from THE SHINING (1980) £30k-£50k
- C-3PO Special Effects Head from STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980) £60k-£80k
- Superman’s Flying Tunic (Christopher Reeve) from SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE (1987) £8k-£10k
- The Terminator’s Costume (Arnold Schwarzenegger) from TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES (2003) £10k-£15k
To view more lots in this auction or to register visit https://propstore.com/
Images: The Prop Store