September is going to be a busy month for auctioneer Profiles in History as they have rolled out the catalog for their upcoming fall auction event. The Icons and Legends auction will be a two-day auction affair with day one seeing lots 1-467 auctioned then on day two lots 468-979 will finish off the event. The auction dates are set for Wednesday September 25th and Thursday September 26th 2019. Over the two days there will be some amazing and rich in Hollywood history up for sale.
One of the many featured lots in this auction is The Star Trek: TOS Phaser used in the original series. The provenance around this is that it was gifted to actress and living legend Nichelle Nichols who played Uhura in the series. There is even a video on Youtube with Nichelle speaking about the prop and how it came into her hands. On a side note I will leave any speculation to the experts.
The Icons and Legends auction will have artifacts from all the major stars in this auction from Hollywood legendary icons Cecil B. DeMille, Marlene Dietrich, Carole Lombard, Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, Judy Garland, Sir Laurence Olivier, James Cagney, Edward G. Robinson, Charlton Heston, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, James Stewart, and Marilyn Monroe.
A full color pdf is available to download or you can flip through the catalog online at the Profiles in History website. This auction is so full I highly recommend checking out the catalog so that you can see all that will be available for bidding.
Icons & Legends Auction Lot Highlights:
• “SS Venture” steamship filming miniature from King Kong (1933).
• “Dorothy Gale” scene specific screen used black and white gingham pinafore from The Wizard of Oz.
• 20th Century-Fox President Spyros Skouras’s Best Picture Academy Award for Gentleman’s Agreement.
• Orson Welles “Charles Foster Kane” coat from Citizen Kane.
• Marilyn Monroe “Clara” nightgown from A Ticket To Tomahawk.
• Property from the estate of Martin Landau including his Golden Globe awards for Mission: Impossible and Ed Wood.
• The very first Emmy Award for “Best Film Made for Television” ever presented.
• Original “Dragula” coffin dragster from The Munsters and Munster, Go Home!
• Original Type-2 Phaser Pistol used in the Star Trek: TOS episode “Plato’s Stepchildren” – from the collection of Nichelle Nichols. (see image above)
• Luke Perry “Dylan McKay” high school student ID from Beverly Hills 90210.
• Elizabeth Taylor “Cleopatra” Egyptian coronation gown from Cleopatra. (see image below)
• Sean Connery “James Bond 007” Moon Buggy from Diamonds Are Forever.
• “Moonraker 5” space shuttle filming miniature from Moonraker.
• Bruce Lee extraordinary autographed personal statement titled, “My Chief Definite Aim”.
• David Prowse “Darth Vader” screen used signature mask and helmet from Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back. (see image below)
• Tom Skerritt “Dallas” space suit from Alien.
• Screen used iconic DeLorean Crash Car and hood-mounted “time travel component box” from Back to the Future Part III.
• “City Destroyer” spaceship filming miniature from Independence Day.
• Wesley Snipes “Blade” 1968 Dodge Charger from Blade.
• Leonard DiCaprio “Jack” and Kate Winslet “Rose” screen worn costumes from Titanic.
• Daniel Radcliffe signature “Harry Potter” glasses from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.