A Blockbuster Prop Store UK Auction This November!
OVER 1,500 PIECES OF FILM, TELEVISION & MUSIC MEMORABILIA WORTH OVER £11 MILLION ($12.6 MILLION) ARE TO BE SOLD BY PROPSTORE IN ONE OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST MEMORABILIA AUCTIONS THIS NOVEMBER 2022
Propstore – one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies, has today announced it is to hold its annual live auction of film and TV memorabilia this November 2022, with the items on offer expected to fetch in excess of est: £11 million ($12.6 million).
Over 1,500 rare and iconic lots will be sold during Propstore’s unique Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction over four days from Thursday 3rd to Sunday 6th November 2022 from 3:00pm each day. Registration is now open at https://propstore.com/liveauction. Online proxy bids can be submitted from Tuesday 4th October 2022. The live auction will be held at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, London as well as online or via telephone for global bidding.
↓ SEE THE PREVIEW SLIDESHOW BELOW ↓
Top items to be sold at the Propstore auction (with estimated sale prices) include:
- Superman’s (Christopher Reeve) Complete Costume from SUPERMAN FRANCHISE (1978-1987) est: £250,000-£500,000 ($287,270-$574,540).
- Darth Vader’s (Dave Prowse) Screen-matched Gloves from STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE (1977) est: £150,000-£250,000 ($172,362-$287,270).
- Full-Size Animatronic Johnny 5 Robot from SHORT CIRCUIT (1986) est: £120,000-£180,000 ($138,546-$207,819).
- First Edition Hardback Book of HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE (2001) est: £100,000-£150,000 ($114,908-$172,362).
- Andy Dufresne’s (Tim Robbins) Screen-matched Rockhammer Bible from THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (1994) est: £100,000-£150,000 ($114,908-$172,362).
- James Bond’s (Sean Connery) Screen-matched Little Nellie Pilot Helmet from JAMES BOND: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967) est: £60,000-£100,000 ($68,944-$114,908).
- Fraggle Puppet from FRAGGLE ROCK (TV SERIES, 1983-1987) est: £40,000-£60,000 ($45,963-$68,944).
- Jason Voorhees’ (C.J. Graham) Screen-matched Hero Hockey Mask from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES est: £40,000-£60,000 ($45,963-$68,944).
- Commodus’ (Joaquin Phoenix) Rome Chariot from GLADIATOR (2000) est: £40,000-£60,000 ($45,963-$68,944).
- Yoda’s Jedi Robes from STAR WARS: THE PHANTOM MENACE (1999) est: £40,000-£60,000 ($45,963- $68,944).
- Harry Potter’s (Daniel Radcliffe) Hero Wand from HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE (2001) est: £20,000-£30,000 ($22,981-$34,472).
- BRUCE LEE Photo-matched Striking Shield est: £20,000-£30,000 ($22,981-$34,472).
- The Grinch’s (Jim Carrey) Light-Up Full-Size Sleigh from HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (2000) est: £20,000 – £30,000 ($22,981-$34,472).
- Victoria’s (Emily Blunt) George IV State Diadem Coronation Crown from THE YOUNG VICTORIA (2009) est: £20,000 – £30,000 ($22,981-$34,472).
- Wonder Woman’s (Gal Gadot) Tiara from WONDER WOMAN (2017) est: £15,000-£20,000 ($17,236-$22,981).
- Doctor Strange’s (Benedict Cumberbatch) Sling Ring from DOCTOR STRANGE (2016) est: £10,000-£15,000 ($11,490-$17,236).
- Batman’s (Robert Pattinson) Batarang from THE BATMAN (2022) est: £10,000-£15,000 ($11,490-$17,236).
- Light-Up New Paradigm Strategist Dalek from DOCTOR WHO (TV SERIES, 2005-PRESENT) est: £8,000-£12,000 ($9,192-$13,788).
Propstore’s auction is suitable for fans with a variety of budgets. Some of the least expensive lots in the auction include a Vehicle Decal from JURASSIC PARK: THE RIDE (1996 – 2018) est: £500-£700 ($574-$804), a set of Marlon Brando Rare Behind the Scenes Colour Photographs from SUPERMAN (1978) est: £300-£500 ($344-$574) and a Set of Autographed Colour Pictures of James Bond Actors from JAMES BOND: VARIOUS PRODUCTIONS est: £200-£300 ($229-$344).
A number of Doctor Who props, including a Light-Up New Paradigm Strategist Dalek (est: £8,000-£12,000) will be going to auction, with a percentage of the final hammer price benefitting BBC Children in Need.
Propstore will hold a preview exhibition at their office facility in Hertfordshire, UK between 4th October – 2nd November 2022. The exhibition will feature over 130 lots, giving fans the opportunity to see props and costumes from the auction up close and ask questions to the specialists. The exhibition can be viewed by appointment only, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Stephen Lane, Propstore CEO commented on the upcoming auction: “Following our Los Angeles Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction in June, which saw some of our best ever auction results, we’re thrilled to be back again with another incredible sale.
Featuring a collection over 1,500 lots, we have an amazing array of content, ranging from Fraggle Rock to Friday the 13th – there really is something for everyone! The Propstore auction will take place live from BAFTA 195 Piccadilly in London from Thursday 3rd to Sunday 6th November 2022.”
↓ PREVIEW SLIDESHOW ↓
Source: Press Release